Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Times They Are A Changin'


I'm known for doing things very last minute, and I think I'm going to be forced to change that habit right away. Already, things are getting busier, and it seems there are not enough hours in the day. I am very excited to start the MSBA program, and I think everyone in our class did very well for the first week! Currently, my stress level is highest at my job. I work at MEMA (Farragut North metro stop) which is a lobbying firm, and our office is undergoing many changes as well. We are a very small office, so I get to work with VPs and Senior Directors and I've spoken and met with the CEO multiple times, which is a great experience. I am the Administrative Assistant at MEMA, therefore I am responsible for the organization at the office, and usually everyone comes to me with multiple different problems. Recently, two people left the office, and they handle a lot of communication and event coordinating at the office (among other things), and they are training me how to do these tasks. However, since I have fewer hours due to school it makes getting my things done, plus all of these news ones, a bit more difficult. Let’s just say I hope they hire someone soon!

4 comments:

  1. Procrastination does not work in the real world! Though, I must admit I procrastinate, too. Good luck with everything at your office! Sounds like you're pretty important there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andriana - probably not supposed to say this, but I wish! So far things in the office haven't been too crazy - still have a big learning curve though. And thank you! Not that important though. I definitely give people in the Administrative position a lot more credit since working here - they handle a lot more than people think. Mostly because people usually always to go them for questions (and computer stuff).

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the internship Andriana! How about a link to the MEMA website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a link to our website! http://www.mema.org/

      My office is under the "About Us - Washington DC Office" section. There you will be able to see who I work with and what position they hold. I am just part time though (and temp) so my picture isn't there.

      Delete